Re: [LUG] Helping newbies - magaznes

Grant wrote:
> tuxmagazine.com --> download tux -->
>
> "From this page you can download current and past digital issues of TUX
> Magazine.
>
> If you are a subscriber and would like to download more than one issue you
> may login to your account.
>
> [ ]   I'm not a subscriber but would like to receive a free issue.
>       One free issue per e-mail address."
>
> Ok, so I click on the big banner saying "Subscribe Today!"... and it takes
> me to a login page without a hint of a "subscribe here" or "sign up" or
> anything.
>
> Hmm.
>
> Grant.
I concur...  ahh.. penny has dropped... sort of.  You can only subscribe
to the printed edition.  I'm guessing here, but if you click the link
mentioning your Subscriber ID it shows you a graphic of what is referred
to as your Mailing Label.  So you have to telephone them and subscribe
to the printed edition to get access to the electronic one.

Um.

Also it mentions in tiny print 'Want an easy way to keep up on the
latest TUX website stories, news, and reviews? Load the RSS feed
featured below into the reader of your choice...'

There is *no* RSS feed featured below, or anywhere else for that matter
that I can see.

Double Um.

Is it me or is the latest download edition December *2006*?  Also the
latest submissions on the front page are February 2007.  Is tuxmagazine
still a going concern?

Triple Um.

Kind regards,

Julian