Re: [LUG] Helping newbies - magaznes

Grant wrote:

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 10:07:49 +0000, Clare Shepherd <clareeshepherd@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

On 15 Feb 2008, at 10:03, Paul Sutton wrote:

I think tux magazine fits the bill for new users
*http://www.tuxmagazine.com/

*I am sure we could contribute to this in some way,  its also free (I
think).
*
*Paul

Well done Paul. Thanks

Clare

tuxmagazine.com --> download tux -->

"From this page you can download current and past digital issues of TUX
Magazine.

If you are a subscriber and would like to download more than one issue you
may login to your account.

[ ]   I'm not a subscriber but would like to receive a free issue.
      One free issue per e-mail address."

Ok, so I click on the big banner saying "Subscribe Today!"... and it takes
me to a login page without a hint of a "subscribe here" or "sign up" or
anything.

Hmm.

Grant.

This is a Link for Free Software Mag with a subject close to our hearts http://www.fsdaily.com/EndUser/The_Top_50_Proprietary_Programs_that_Drive_You_Crazy_and_Their_Open_Source_Alternatives
I Subscribe to Linux User and Linux Magazine  both seem to have similar content  and occasionally find some articles of practical use but mostly to keep up to date with the New Distro's ( I have a very poor BB Connection so have never downloaded an ISO).

--
Regards: Kevin Lucas Post Master (Sub) Minions Shop & Tea Rooms Minions Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE www.minionsbandb.co.uk