Re: [LUG] Some help with javascript & firefox

Steven Cote wrote:
I'll try and have a closer look at your problem a little later on and see if I can spot the difficulty.

Ok, I'm just looking at it now. I'm assuming the error you're trying to fix is the one on line 107?

You're on the right track. I think the best way to do it would be to construct the name string, and then eval it. So something along the lines of:

var one  = 'document.splitfm.vat_low' + i + '.value';
var sum = eval(vatlow);

I haven't tested that at all, but it should do the trick.
Yes I am trying to loop (just for one box for now) through the rows to get each value for vat_low but with
var + i + '.value);

and inspecting the html elements for the dynamic box
<input type="text" name="std_vat3" size="5"/>
<input type="text" name="vat_low3" size="5"/>
I still get an error of document.splitfm.vat_low has no properties?

--

Regards: Kevin Lucas Post Master (Sub) Minions Shop & Tea Rooms Minions Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE www.minionsbandb.co.uk