Re: [LUG] FLOSS in schools redux.

Tom Potts wrote:

>> Er. yes it is.
>>
>> http://www.curriculumonline.gov.uk
>> http://www.nc.uk.net
>>
> Hangs head in shame! I've been over the top site a few times and found nothing
> of use (to me).
> Last night after reading this e-mail I went to the site and found several
> curricula in usable form!
> Its just taken me 1/2 hr to find them again - under  a 'view programs of
> study' link down off the bottom of the page and its not easy to get that to
> come up. This takes you to the nc.uk.net site and thats a lot easier to find
> data from - unless you end up on the new qca.org.uk (like me) site which is
> definitely 'under development'.
> I'd give the curriculumonline.gov.uk 3/10  - to me it seems like a major dogs
> dinner.
> The nc.uk.net site does seem to have all the info one needs to get started on
> creating a usable framework for creating courses and lessons.
> I must get out more...
> Tom te tom te tom

    This is what happens when you have multiple sites all offering the
same sort of content,   it would help if there were 2 sites, that held
all the required data,  perhaps mirrored to help reduce load on one
server.   that way its easy to remember, and therefore much easier to find.

paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug