Re: [LUG] moodle problem

On Thu, 2008-02-07 at 18:13 +0000, Simon Waters wrote:
> Neil Stone wrote:
> >
> > Yes it's a Debian box, I was about to suggest replacing the "apache" user
> > and group with www-data when I saw this email..
>
> I was going to suggest "apt-get install moodle" - which presumably side
> steps the problem at hand.
>
> But since I haven't tried it recently I assume there is a reason they
> aren't using the packaged version, possibly Etch's version is a tad old
> 1.6.3-2.

There's some really good instructions for Ubuntu which I followed (it's
based on Ubuntu Server 6.06 LTS) and I managed to get it up and running
on a test box (athough for some reason it didn't like the MySQL username
so I ended up using root to get the thing running).

I dare say the instructions would probably work on Debian too.

Rob