Re: [LUG] FLOSS in schools

Clare Shepherd wrote:
> Not always, Paul. After all Sir Frank Whittle, the inventor of the
> jet engine,was English., as were many important inventors. It can
> appear so today because in the *)s we seemed to give up on
> engineering, largely.
>
> Clare
As a general rule innovation and invention in the UK is, and always has
been, hamstrung by lack of vision in those holding the purse strings.
Many inventions have been claimed by other countries, where the actual
inventor was British, but went overseas because the UK wouldn't fund
development.

Kind regards,

Julian