Re: [LUG] Photos from abroad

Neil Winchurst wrote:

> My brother is going on a fairly long trip abroad soon. On previous
> trips he has sent emails while away. This time he would like to have a
> method of showing some photos too, in some sort of gallery I suppose.
>
> He will have just his digital camera with him, no computer, so he needs
> some way of transferring his photos to somewhere on the web directly
> from the camera. I know of some sites, eg flickr and picasa. Any
> recommendations please?

Check the small print - I have a fuzzy idea flickr need money above XX
number of pics, or is that albums? I'm not sure. Anyway - there are
hundreds of 'em about so bound to be something suitable.

Alternatively - there are a bunch of php solutions you could host for
him; gallery2 is an excellent product with a whole bunch of easy to use
upload/resize/manipulate plugins. Most CMS's also do image
manipulations, or can integrate with g2 or similar - and he could blog
about his travels too, might be nice for the family?