Re: [LUG] NSLU2 capabilities?

> I am seriously considering the NSLU2, or something eerily similar.
> Basically any low power consumption box that does NAS and runs Linux
> that is (relatively) easily "extend-able" to do other things as well.
> Oh, and it shouldn't break the bank.  Hence my interest in the NSLU2.
Does that mean you're going to put debian or unslung or something on
instead of the stock firmware? Be aware that the NSLU2 only has 32Megs
of ram. (or at least it did a year or 2 ago)

I went for the linkstation pro, partly because it has 128Megs ram and
partly because it has an internal hd and 2 usb ports. Mine runs
bittorrent and the extra ram helps there. it still swaps if i run too
many at once.  It costs a bit more than a NSLU2 + USB hard drive but I
thought (and still think) it was worth it. putting debian on was easy
enough.

Buffalo also do a thing called the kuro box which is basically a
linkstation already open to modding, though at the time I was in the
market it wasn't available here. I don't know if it is now.

look at http://www.linkstationwiki.net/ if you're interested. plenty
of guides to give you an idea of what it can do.