Re: [LUG] OT: Hackers attack broadband routers

On 29/01/08 18:06:14, Tom Potts wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 January 2008 17:54, Julian Hall wrote:
> >
> http://www.computershopper.co.uk/news/159414/hackers-attack-broadband-route
> >rs.html
> >
> > ' Internet criminals are targeting home broadband routers in an
> attempt
> > to control users' internet connections...... Contrary to much
> > speculation on the web, the attack does not rely on uPNP.'
> <complacency>probably dont affect linux</complacency>
> It does look like this is just a 'well it happened on this badly
> configured
> machine so we're all doomed' setup.
> Anyone got a 2wire doorstop?

Yep, I have a 2wire doorstop, it's useless as that as well, doesn't
mass enough!

Anyone managed to do anything useful with them? I have a 2700, thought
I might be able to use it as an access point or something, but of
course I can't find out how to change the default route, so everything
wants to go out the wan port...

I suppose the other thing about these vulnerabilities is that you need
to have the configuration software on your compromised PC, otherwise
how is it going to change the settings?

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\