Re: [LUG] OT: Hackers attack broadband routers

Tom Potts wrote:
> <complacency>probably dont affect linux</complacency>
> It does look like this is just a 'well it happened on this badly configured
> machine so we're all doomed' setup.
> Anyone got a 2wire doorstop?
> Tom te tom te tom

Very true to be honest.  The main thing I picked out of it was the old
saw about being aware of phishing exploits and not to visit any dodgy
sites or click on suspect links.  Note that even the 2wire doorstops are
not vulnerable until user error makes them so.

The sort of thing that those willing to listen to the advice are
*already* doing, and that those not willing to listen will most likely
never do.

Kind regards,

Julian