Re: [LUG] The Beeb again

On Jan 28, 2008 6:34 AM, george <georgeparker20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's something to redress the recent anti BBC comments.  Very impressive.
> But also a bit of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.
> Fairly standard for a large organisation.

The critical tone of this article is undeserved.

The BBC actively encourages and funds staff to participate in
conferences.  I myself spoke at XML2007 in Boston last year and at one
of the UKUUG quarterlies.  I know that a couple of guys will be at
OSCON this year; hoping to make it myself.  Those who attend the
European Perl Conferences will be aware that they are swarming with
BBC hackers.

MB