Re: [LUG] Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 10:30 +0000, Christel Dahlskjaer wrote:

> There is no 'one simple answer' as to why, there are however a shedload
> of various factors which come into play.
Thank you for your experiences and insights.
My 13 year old daughter has got as far as using whatever I have open on my desktop
for course work and projects and searching through games. She loves Supertux - which
is a start.
My wife has tried FF (alas she is tied into her organisation's systems for home
office users), likes the GIMP, especially the latest and wants to graduate to
Scribus.
She is happy to use my laptop if hers is in use (by guess who) for whatever - slow
movement, up to tolerance level.
Best wishes
--
james kilty