Re: [LUG] Photography: Gimp classes

David Wright wrote:
> Thanks. Yes I have known about it for some time. But I can never find
> binaries for it and compilation always fails. Although it looks a bit,
> well, naff and out of date, it seems the film industry use it. Would like
> to see an example of where though. I found this which is nice to know
> http://www.linuxmovies.org/
>
> I don't understand if it is supposed to be as good as that then why is
> GIMP the only real used graphics application for Linux?

I agree about GIMP. I only heard about Krita recently. I haven't really
done much with Cinepaint. I was looking at colour management and picked
it up that way. I'm running Ubuntu and had no problem installing with
apt-get.
I use Bibble (not free) as my main photo tool. So far I have used GIMP
for photo editing but I don't normally do anything very sophisticated so
could probably use anything, will see how I get on with Cinepaint.

Pete