Re: [LUG] Learning Perl as a non-programmer

On 23/01/2008, Henry Bremridge <henry.bremridge@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There are a couple of programs that I am starting to use that are written in perl
> (Finance::quote and beancounter) and I would dearly love to play around with them
> a bit.
>
> HOWEVER: I have looked at a couple of online sites and still not really any closer
> at achieving what I want. The best I have found so far is
> http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2000/10/begperl1.html and there are some things that I
> cannot get my head around. Before spending serious time on resolving this, does
> anyone have any recommendations on the best way to learn Perl?
>
> (I say Perl but to be honest I have never programmed and the programmes I use are
> in Perl, so Perl was my language of choice.)
>
> Any comments / suggestions gratefully received

Learning Perl by O Reilly and Perl Cookbook, also by O Reilly.

Definately the best books to learn Perl from IMHO.

I think it's worth finding a good introduction to programming as well,
even if it uses something like BASIC or Pascal.

A.

--
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk