Re: [LUG] Linux in Schools/Colleges/Unis - was: Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

On Friday 18 January 2008 17:43, Clare Shepherd wrote:
> I think we're missing the point guys, this is only applicable when
> schools have signed up to the contract, with this proviso, with MS.
> It's the bureaucrats that are at fault. They didn't read the
> contract, duh. So you are safe Neil, because you've not signed a
> contract with MS, you wise person you.
The local schools here, Bradworthy Holsworthy, are under the council
stupidage. The Council has been hoodwinked into agreeing to the contract on
behalf of lots and lots of schools.
Its such a well hidden con that only a floss person on speed would spot its
short term consequences.
The long term is not such a worry - it looks as if all school work is now
plagiarised so unless these poor school kids can copy network configurations
etc .....
We're doomed I tell you! Doomed!*
Tom te tom te tom

* and nice beer it is too!