Re: [LUG] OT: apparently linux depends on windows and piracy. yar!

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi
>
> On 10/01/2008, Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It really hard to see where this guy is coming from. He knocks Apple
>> and says that they have finally moved to Intel and Windows but if you
>> look at his software he only develops software for Mac OS X. This guy
>> is weird. I don't think I want to buy anything from this site!
>>
> This page looks as though it has been written by someone else:
> <http://rixstep.com/4/0/about.shtml>
> The joking or whatever you call it is gone and some sort of
> professionalism arrives!

it's just a joke, some of it quite funny. The guy knows perfectly well
what open source, free software etc etc are. No one needs to put our
"real" information to counter act him! Why should a piece of comic
writing (well attempted comic writing, though some of it amused me) need
to take  sides about supporting a particular type of
hardware/software/development methodology. They've all got things about
them to take the mike out of - like an inability to spot obvious parody.
--
Simon Robert
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk