[LUG] Dorset / Somerset residents? Open source in Local government

Just in case there is a SW policy on IT: are there are any residents of Somerset /
Dorset on this list who is prepared to have a go at their county council asking why
they use MS and not open source? Possible questions are:

- What business cases's have been prepared to justify their use of MS, given the
increasing use of Open Source in across Europe
- Do they plan on preparing a business case?

Links of various relevance:

http://ec.europa.eu/idabc/en/chapter/470
http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/100520 dated 13 Dec 2007
http://www.us.capgemini.com/industries/ind_casestudy.asp?IndID=14&CSID=168
http://www.opensourceacademy.gov.uk/

http://www.govtalk.gov.uk/policydocs/policydocs_document.asp?docnum=905 (2004
version)

(I am still still waiting for my freedom on information act request asking for
details of the terms of refererence for the Devon study on "Office" that is due to
take place in 2Q08)

--
Henry
Wed Jan  9 14:39:59 GMT 2008