Re: [LUG] Arrrg! Keyboard problem

aaronmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Posted by "Tom Moore" <aaronmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

> Hi Lug
> Whlie trying to configure new tablet I messed up my keyboard.  I am using suse
> 10.0, I can still log in locally but cannot use keboard once ther.  If I log in
> remotely I can use remote keyboard. I need this computer quite urgently. I guess
> it means logging in before it reaches the last run level but am not sure how to do
> this.
> Please help and your reward will be eternal gratitude
> --
> ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> Generated by the contributors page
> in the members area at D+C GLUG
> http://www.dcglug.org.uk/members/list.php
> webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit your /etc/innittab file from 5 to 3 so the Xserver doesn't run,
then I imagine your error is in your Xorg.conf file with an incorrect
keyboard def.
/etc/inittab

# Default runlevel. The runlevels used by RHS are:
#   0 - halt (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#   1 - Single user mode
#   2 - Multiuser, without NFS (The same as 3, if you do not have
networking)
#   3 - Full multiuser mode
#   4 - unused
#   5 - X11
#   6 - reboot (Do NOT set initdefault to this)
#
id:5:initdefault:

--
Regards: Kevin Lucas Post Master (Sub) Minions Shop & Tea Rooms Minions
Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE www.minionsbandb.co.uk