Re: [LUG] Wireless frustration

Humm, I've tried various permutations on the theme now, including
setting up ip addresses on the two computers, re-creating the connection
on the XP end, made sure both have the same essid, changed channel on
this end (don't see how to do this in windows though) - still nothing.
Then I tried setting the mode at this end to "master" - as if by magic
the XP box picked up the unsecured network "BRCM_TEST_SSID" although
does not appear to be able to connect to it.  At least I know the card
can transmit as well as receive in Ubuntu!  I guess there's a bunch of
stuff I still need to do... Starting with updating wireless tools I
suppose...