Re: [LUG] ISO

On Sat, 2007-12-22 at 13:31 +0000, Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Dec 2007 12:57:47 +0000
> alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> Hello alexfido@xxxxxxxxxxxxx,
>
> > load ubuntu7.10.i have downloaded the iso to desk top and then burnt
> > direct to a disc using gnomebaker i have also tried to do on an xp
> > machine using nero6. both time it burnt the disc fine,my problem is i
>
> Does the CD have "something.iso" on it, or a series of files and
> directories?  If the former, you've merely copied the .iso to the CD,
> and not burned an image.  Not knowing what the relevant items are
> called in Nero or Gnomebaker I can't help with the specifics, but as an
> example, in K3b, you would select "Burn CD image", rather than "Create
> Data CD".

Or, since you're running Ubuntu already... you could install "cdrecord"
application (you might need to use Synaptic instead of "add/remove
programmes") and then do this directly from the command line:

$ cdrecord dev=/dev/hdc SOMETHING.ISO

Obviously replacing /dev/hdc with the correct device name for your
CDBurner:

/dev/hda = primary master on IDE
/dev/hdb = primary slave on IDE
/dev/hdc = secondary master on IDE
/dev/hdd = secondary slave on IDE

If you omit the "dev=/dev/XXXX" bit, then cdrecord may prompt you with
details of what is available on your system and tell you how to instruct
it with the correct device.

On mine I have to use "dev=0,2,0".

Hope this helps.

-Grant