Re: [LUG] Very OT: [Fwd: FW: Important info for dog owners]

Rob Beard wrote:

> I must admit, if I had a dog, after reading this I wouldn't take any chance.

The toxic dose seems beyond what you might feed a dog as a treat.

Dogs also have trouble metabolising Xanthines, but they'd have to eat a
lot of Chocolate, and/or drink a lot of caffeinated beverages, to get
into serious trouble (more chocolate than I'm ever likely to give away
to anything with four legs).

I guess the dogs are in for rough time this festive season ;)

Don't get me started on tinned cat food - let's just say some of them
have some pretty hideous things in them.

I always thought the interesting science surrounded why almost all
mammals don't need to eat fruit but we (other primates and guinea pigs) do.