Re: [LUG] Identity theft

Hi All,

One of the main issues with preventing identity theft is ensuring that
those who hold information use it *responsibly*.  For example I don't
consider it particularly responsible of the DWP to use my National
Insurance number as a transaction reference for my Incapacity Benefit
paid into the bank.  If someone (say a temp at the bank) were to see any
of my statements, not only would they have access to all the information
the bank has on me which is enough, but they would also have my NI
number.. which *nobody* except myself and the DWP has any business
knowing.  I *have* mentioned this at the Job Centre and the response I
had was 'We know.. we've *told* the management but they don't seem to care'.

Kind regards,

Julian