Re: [LUG] Asus EEPC - free software provider

Tom Potts wrote:
> http://cliffhacks.blogspot.com/2007/11/asus-eeepc-first-impressions-and-gpl.html
> It would appear they are seriously violating the GPL
> It has been touted as an OLPC damper.
> I still want one - but not till its GPL compatable.
> Tom te tom te tom

Reply from Asus:

http://eeepc.asus.com/en/news11272007.htm

Every I could want from the genuine enquiry and some of the FUD flying
around. The company put the record straight, they ask for help catching
any inadvertent omissions and everything is fine.

All those waiting for compliance before ordering - go ahead now. The
fuss is over, Asus are not violating the GPL. Any previous mistakes are
just mistakes and the company has already put things right and is ready
to fix problems as they arise.

--

Neil Williams