Re: [LUG] Asus EEPC - naughty naughty!!

> I suspect incompetence rather than conspiracy. With all the tools
> available for downloading large single files, it's a pity that it has
> escalated into such an issue - a failure of decent preparation.

Nobody is perfect,   we should give them credit, for at least supporting
linux and the gpl,  after all they could have simply released another
windows Laptop,   moving from Windows type licenses to gpl takes time,
it means a whole new way of thinking errors are made,  plus errors with
the server can happen to anyone,  a broken link,  typing error, or anything.

Once this is sorted, asus should be rewarded with increased sales,  and
hey,  this has caused publicty and interest,  after all how many people
here would have read about this laptop had this error not occured,

Lets hope they learn from their lessons,  and then work with the
community and maintain what will hopefully be a long and successful
relationship with the community at large,  who have proven in the
community is tolerant

imagine if this had been a violation of the Windows license,  there
would be no nice letter from MS,  instead there would probably be some
nasty lawyer written letter demanding get it sorted or else,  or even
some sort of court summons.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events
11th November. Penzance Computers meet
Lostwithel meeting part 2, - watch this space.
details on lug site, www.dcglug.org.uk under meetings.
visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug