Re: [LUG] The missing tax discs

Roger Bowden wrote:
> I'm now ending - honest - as an 'old wrinkly', I staggered thro' the
> MS era without being exposed to UNIX so I am rather hesitant to move
> my (home) XP machine to Linux.  MS has made life very easy for me.
> Could anyone suggest a 'starter' book to tempt me to play with Linux?
Hi Roger,

Might I suggest one of the live distros for your first foray, these
being bootable CDs/DVDs with an entire operating system on.  That will
allow you to dabble to your heart's content without risking your current
working system.  As for books I will leave that part of the query to the
more experienced members of the LUG.

Welcome to the group :)

Kind regards,

Julian