Re: [LUG] OT: XBOX Media Centre

Tom Potts wrote:
> Can I just get this straight:
> I can take an XBox and stick a large hard disk on it and a bit of Linux and
> I've got a good media centre?
>
> Tom te tom te tom

Well good for standard definition stuff.  You don't even need to run
Linux to make it work as a good media centre (as far as I'm aware XBOX
Media Centre is released under the GPL - or at least it's open source).

It won't play HD media (I've tried, it plays it at about 2 frames a
second) but it's great for standard DVD videos, Xvid/Divx videos, MPEG
video, MP3s, OGG audio and streaming media.

Rob