[LUG] OT: XBOX Media Centre

I have an ailing XBOX sat under the TV, which gets a little use from
time to time, but mostly sits there pretending to be dust protector
for the shelf it's sat on.

I discovered this a little while ago :http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/
- has anyone in the list tried this out?  I don't record tv (hell, I
hardly watch tv) but do have large collection of media on a network
drive.

I really don't want to get any greyer while trying to get myth tv up
and running, as I don't need to watch/pause/record live tv and frankly
it's a huge pain in the butt (ok, I'm too thick - I have tried and
failed).

As old Xboxes are cheap as chips these days, I think I could even buy
one to play with if using the above kills the ability to play xbox
games forever.

>>From what I gather, I have to get it modded, either using a software
bios, or get it "chipped", and also need to get hold of the xbox dev
kit.

Has anyone got this up and running?