Re: [LUG] OT: XBOX Media Centre

Quoting Terry Hill <telbonic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>> From what I gather, I have to get it modded, either using a software
> bios, or get it "chipped", and also need to get hold of the xbox dev
> kit.

Forgot to add, you don't need the dev kit unless you want to develop
software, but without a licence from Microsoft it's also illegal.

Still, you can run Linux on the XBOX (it's so satisfying seeing Tux on
the XBOX).

If you do decide to try this, you'd be worth either attaching the XBOX
to your existing network or fitting a really big hard drive to store
things on.  Actually both would be a good idea so you can store media
and also run Linux on there (for extra geek points).

Rob