Re: [LUG] Issue with Newnet - Can ISP's change service once you have paid ?

On Nov 20, 2007 11:08 AM, james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 18:05 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
>
> >   UKFSN would give you 30GB peak and 300GB off peak for £19.99 a month
> > and you don't have to pay up front to get them prices.
> I have just looked up the Demon Internet limits for a home office
> account. I have downloaded several distros over the last few weeks with
> no problems. The theoretical bandwidth is 8MB/s but at the end of a long
> country line, I am lucky to get a steady 240Mb/s at best. I have *never*
> had problems with Demon and they *always* answer phone calls and are
> very helpful, though on occasion the Indian voice is a little difficult
> to understand or get clear on my problem (permissions on web pages
> once). Emails take a day or two. The restrictions below do not apply to
> business customers.

Physical service good, customer service has been piped to /dev/null

One of my favorite comments is that "they do not accept written
instruction". My bank will not let me just phone up and say I am
moving house, they want a signed letter. Demon not so. They throw away
the signed letter, don't contact you and then tell you that they only
accept instructions over the phone. No security questions just verbal
instruction required (could have been from anyone they didn't care.

I have had numerous accounting and billing issues. The good news is
one of these issues with someone i know they are not paying *anything*
for a full service for nearly 12 months. They have dropped off demons
accounting system but not off there service.

Robin