Re: [LUG] BBC IPlayer - A U-Turn ?

On Thursday 15 November 2007 10:57, viv wrote:

> > It's been a long time since I posted to this list but I've been
> > lurking the whole time and have read the threads concerning iPlayer
> > with some interest.
> >
> > It is possible that some readers may be interested in an interview I
> > recently participated in for BBC Backstage:
> >
> > http://backstage.bbc.co.uk/news/archives/2007/11/interview_with_1.html
> >
> > MB
>
> Thanks Matt. I did listen to this.
>
> I don't believe that the BBC really has to concern themselves about
> offering a good service to ALL of their customers while their customers
> are forced by law to pay them fees.
>
> I would like to use IPlayer on my Kubuntu PC but, I am not holding my
> breath and I will not use Windows, just to be able to.
I think we need to disseminate ways that linux users can use to use the
'services' that the BBC provide.
I'm hoping they wont actually use DRM on their content so we wont have break
specious laws to access the stuff but if they do then I may feel obliged to
use 'illegal' software to read things I've paid for.
If this stuff is generally available they may feel that it is worth catering
for others.
Tom te tom te tom