Re: [LUG] GnuPG and Smart Cards

On Friday 09 November 2007 12:36:15 Steph Foster wrote:
> I notice a few people on the list use GnuPG
>
> I wonder how many type their passphrase in each time and who uses a
> smartcard ?
>
> I noticed both the Free Software Foundation and Kernel Concepts sell
> suitable cards that will work with Ubuntu and a suitable card reader

I have both a card (from the FSFE) and a card reader (two in fact) but after a
lot of time and effort I eventually gave up trying to make it work. I managed
to talk to the reader and read the card, I just failed to make it do anything
useful with Gnupg (or any other application)...

Regards,
David.

--
David Johnson