Re: [LUG] GnuPG and Smart Cards

David Johnson wrote:
> On Friday 09 November 2007 12:36:15 Steph Foster wrote:
>
>> I notice a few people on the list use GnuPG
>>
>> I wonder how many type their passphrase in each time and who uses a
>> smartcard ?
>>
>> I noticed both the Free Software Foundation and Kernel Concepts sell
>> suitable cards that will work with Ubuntu and a suitable card reader
>>

> I have both a card (from the FSFE) and a card reader (two in fact) but after a
> lot of time and effort I eventually gave up trying to make it work. I managed
> to talk to the reader and read the card, I just failed to make it do anything
> useful with Gnupg (or any other application)...
>
> Regards,
> David.

Have a word with henry, as I think he said he got a card working with a
pgp key.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

Events
11th November. Penzance Computers meet
Lostwithel meeting part 2, - watch this space.
details on lug site, www.dcglug.org.uk under meetings.
visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug