Re: [LUG] OT : my graphics card

ben harbour wrote:
> ladies and gentlemen,
>
> firstly id like to appologise for my hotmail acct im a linux newbie... secondly
> and most impotantly currently i have a geforce 3 graphics card that i believe is
> old and not good enough to play the games id like to play and not really giving me
> the kind of performace id like from my pc.... i wondered if anyone had a newer
> graphics card there not using that i can exchange for mine...

AFAIR the GeForce cards are nvidia?  The default linux drivers for
nvidia cards are exceptionally slow and lacking in functionality
compared with the ones nvidia distribute from their website so it
might be worth trying theirs.  They have a list of which version of
their drivers you need for each chipset.

James