Re: [LUG] Meeting place in Torbay

Paul Sutton wrote:
> Rob Beard wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Since McDonalds and Weatherspoons are both now offering free wifi
>> internet access I wondered if anyone would be interested in trying the
>> facilities and have a mini LUG meeting?
>>
>> Rather than suggest McDonalds I was thinking maybe Weatherspoons in
>> either Torquay or Paignton (possibly rather Paignton as I get the
>> feeling it might be a bit quieter).  They offer 30 mins free access
>> per purchase (think it's per drinks purchase) and I'm sure they
>> wouldn't mind a few LUG members turning up to discuss Linux and Beer.
>>
>> Anyone interested?
>>
>> Rob
>>
> Sounds good, to me,   whats the deal on our younger members going into
> pubs,  I know anyone over 14 can go in if accompanied by an adult.
> However the law has been changed recently.

Not entirely sure, it used to be the case that under 14's could go in if
they were having a meal with an adult, at least I think thats the case.
  There is seating outside, not sure if that can be used by under 14's
(although saying that it'll probably be used by smokers).

> How much is a pint of coke or non alcohol drinks  in weatherspoons these
> days over £2,  I would guess,   Some pubs charge over £1 for a 1/2 pint
> of coke,  which is almost as much as a pint in the rugby club (which is
> one of the reasons I don't go into pubs very often)

Weatherspoons is very reasonable on drinks pricing.  IIRC the last time
I had a coke in there it was about £1.29 for a pint of coke (well
Pepsi).  They also do tea and coffee at really reasonable prices.  I
have a feeling a cup of coffee is only about 60 or 70p and pints are
about £1.70 upwards IIRC.

> With the shoreline cafe,  I think neil Stone has identified the issue we
> were having so we should be able to get on much easier next time we
> meet  there.

Where is the Shoreline cafe?

Maybe we could try both out on a Saturday and compare them.

Rob