Re: [LUG] RSPCA was Re: F.A.S.T.

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 06:13:41PM +0000, Simon Waters wrote:

> I'm not sure on the current rules on Customs Officers, since they became
> Revenue and Customs, but the previous rules were pretty draconian
> (Seizure of property on suspicion, entry to property on suspicion, etc).
> I think the rules are now similar to those for police officers.
> Curiously your paperwork is probably better protected than other
> property - hmm wonder if this includes computers?

I believe customs officials have more power that police: they do not need a warrant
to forceably enter premises. "Writ of Assistance that allows Customs officials to
break into any private house in order to seize any goods that they believe are
liable for forfeiture." In fact they are the one people above all others you do not
want to irritate

--
Henry
Mon Nov  5 21:52:05 GMT 2007