Re: [LUG] F.A.S.T.

Steph Foster wrote:

> Matters of child protection are shortly to come under the statutory
> umbrella of SOCA, the Serious and Organised Crime Agency

Yes, as far as I'm aware NSPCC officers have no special legal status.

The have various units investigating child abuse, but I'm not aware they
have any special powers over and above those of ordinary members of the
public.

There was an NSPCC worker complaining about same on TV recently, after
social services had messed up, the NSPCC were left being able to call on
the police, and social services (again), but without any powers to act
themselves (at least not to remove the child in question from its
parents) in spite of their suspicions.