Re: [LUG] Flat Screens

Hi All

On 03/11/2007, Richard Brown <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All
>
> On 03/11/2007, Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > >
> > > Do all flat screens work with Linux please? Any ideas on the best one
> > > that I could use with a mac as well please?
> >
> > I've not come across a TFT screen that didn't work with GNU/Linux... and
> > in answer to the second question, I would guess any with the right
> > connector on it..
> >
> > I guess it's like saying "what TV will work with my DVD player ?"
> >
> Thanks for all the answers. I suppose my next questions is any ideas
> for a good one. Budget maybe up to £250 at the most. Thanks.
I am glad this producing such an interesting thread particularly as it
has expanded to graphics cards - most useful (probably what I will
need next).

I was looking at webconferger and went to pictures and noticed Kai had bought:
<http://www.ebuyer.com/product/130925>
52 reviews and 5/5 sounds good. I also noticed this in dabs:
<Samsung 20" Wide SM205BW 6ms DVI TFT>
A smaller monitor - cheaper price and again 5/5. I might have to go
cheaper to upgrade my graphics card. Any thoughtson Samsung please?

An additonal question is what usb mouse and keyboard set. I am
probably heading to logitech because I like their equipment so much
but I am also considering MS because their mouse/keyboard sets tend to
be quality as well.
--
Kind regards
Rich