Re: [LUG] Flat Screens

On Sat, 2007-11-03 at 21:59 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:
> from a terminal window type the following:
>
> cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf | grep Driver
>
> My PC comes back with a load of drivers including the line...
>
>       Driver          "ati"

and mine. As I said it is a Radeon X300 and there is indeed a
proprietary driver. What I don't know is either if this is in the
install or if it would give 1440x900.

I looked at the page
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/linux_8.16.20.html#172579

and it says

Note: The following 32 bit packages must be installed in order for 64
bit drivers to install and work properly:
· XFree86-Mesa-libGL
· libstdc++
· libgcc
· XFree86-libs
· fontconfig
· expat
· freetype
· zlib

These are not all present and in some cases are not listed in the
repositories.

Can I take this firther to investigate how to get the recommended
resolution (ViewSonic VA1912w)?

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk