Re: [LUG] Flat Screens

james kilty wrote:

> Mine keeps telling me a different resolution (1440x900) would be better
> but it's not one of the options in system settings > monitor and
> display.

R, that's a common mode for the widescreen flatties. How you get it is
dependant entirely on your graphics card and the linux support for it.

My ancient Voodoo3 does it perfectly (I have one of those cheapie Hans too).

It's worth trying to get it running at the proper res for a specific
monitor, any other resolution is dithered by the monitor to fit and
results in fuzzy fonts and poor clarity.

--
Simon Avery