Re: [LUG] Flat Screens

Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi All
>
> On 03/11/2007, Neil Stone <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Do all flat screens work with Linux please? Any ideas on the best one
>>> that I could use with a mac as well please?
>> I've not come across a TFT screen that didn't work with GNU/Linux... and
>> in answer to the second question, I would guess any with the right
>> connector on it..
>>
>> I guess it's like saying "what TV will work with my DVD player ?"
>>
> Thanks for all the answers. I suppose my next questions is any ideas
> for a good one. Budget maybe up to £250 at the most. Thanks.

Well I know for about £120 you could get a decent Hanns-G 19" Widescreen
monitor with both VGA and DVI connections from eBuyer.com, so for up to
£250 you should be able to get something about 22 inches in Widescreen.
  I have an Acer TFT screen and they quality is really good, other than
that well I'm not entirely sure.  You may be worth visiting somewhere
like PC World and see what you like the look of, you'd then probably be
able to pick up the exact same model online from eBuyer.com, Aria.co.uk,
Scan.co.uk, Microdirect.co.uk or Dabs.com (to name a few online
suppliers) for less than what PC World are charging.

I'd also recommend that if you can, use a DVI connection if your PC
supports it as you'll get a better quality picture.  Most if not all
recent graphics cards (both AGP and PCI-Express) have at least one DVI
connector.

Rob