Re: [LUG] Sendmail experts - any idea what happening to my mail?

On Tue, Oct 30, 2007 at 02:56:23PM +0000, James Fidell wrote:
> Benjamin M. A'Lee wrote:
>
> > Wasn't Eric Allman (sendmail author) one of the people with the most CERT
> > advisories against his software ever? After Paul Vixie, IIRC.
>
> So goes the FUD that people spread.
>
> But what has it got to do with anything?

        "note that i hold the single-author record for total CERT
        advisories, proving that in my copious youth i knew how to
        sling code but not how to manage risk."
                -- Paul Vixie

This was one of the main reasons for rewriting BIND from scratch,
IIRC..

Cheers,
Andy