Re: [LUG] Penzance Day

On Mon, 2007-10-29 at 10:52 +0000, Rob Beard wrote:

> What sort of Linux server do you mean?  Sort of a replacement to a
> standard Windows server?
Yes. It is one recommended way to start. If it all works much better, as
it should, with the right support for the guy who organises the
transition, then it might pave the way for further developments such as
thin clients or some moving over to Linux.

> Maybe we should do a meeting on thin clients, especially with Tom B's
> great experience of them (and I've done bits with LTSP setups).
Sounds good. I am up for it and would travel.

> > Another had a great time beavering away for ages with a Mac mini dualled
> > with Ubuntu
>
> That sounds good, do you know if it was a PPC Mac Mini or an Intel based one?
IIRC it is a PPC. He had another Intel one with him.

> I wonder if he could have done with a boot floppy?
He tried to make one which was 1.4MB and his computer told him all his
floppies were 1.38MB.

> I'll see if I can get down for the day on the next event.
Excellent.

> Is the next event 4th November?
No 11th. Remember the discussion about 2 minutes silence. That should
stick in the old brain.

--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk