Re: [LUG] Open Source Cisco VPN Client

On 10/25/07, Kevin Tunison <ktunison@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am looking for a cisco vpn client that does not use the cisco software
> (Our user/logon information is either deeeeeeeply buried or non-existent).
> So far I have come across
> http://www.unix-ag.uni-kl.de/~massar/vpnc/ which looks
> promising.
>
> Does anybody have any experience with another cisco client or
> recommendations (other than getting the software from cisco)?

vpnc seems to work ok with cisco vpn servers. I tested it once on a
cisco VPN network i hacked for someone one (they had the right to
access the network but wanted to do so from another machine). Versions
of the cisco vpn client store *vital* passwords locally so they can be
recovered to plain text very easily.

Robin