Re: [LUG] OT Windows Serial Number

Terry Hill wrote:
> Actually now I think about it, there are probably hundreds of
> perfectly valid codes (and stickers) sat festering at the local
> recycling centre.  You could probably wander down with a bit of
> perspex and collect an A4 page of stickers to give out.  Mind you,
> encouraging the use of XP may be bad for ones karma, so tell people to
> run it inside a sandbox such as vmware :)

there really is no need for all this neck cricking, box turning and
recycling centre surfing. The serial number is in the windoze registry
and the magic jelly bean thing I posted earlier does work. I'm having to
put XP on a recycled PC with a recycled copy of XP and have just grabbed
the serial number from the copy I run on VMware using the aformentioned
app. So not a problem, well at least the serial number ain't, the OS is
another kettle of rusty bicycles completely.....

--
Simon Robert
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk