Re: [LUG] Clusters, Servers, Networks - window manager

Paul Sutton wrote:

> I do agree however that certain aspects of the look and feel may still
> be windows like, for example click to change window focus, and how the
> windows behave,

Debate is long over.

People who want a Windows XP look and feel (and some people really hate
change, and if it frees them from Vista...), should go look at what
Xandros have done.

Hey it even comes with licence keys that don't always work - how much
more Microsoft like could it get :(

I think they are just using the standard KDE options for Microsoft
Windows behaviour, and an off the shelf KDE style that looks like XP,
and a few minor tweaks.

I think the days when Window manager behaviour was focused on what users
like, or what is most productive. These days most users have learnt all
the stupid idiosyncracies, and the biggest problem is when stuff is
moved around (for whatever reason).