Re: [LUG] Gutst gibbon,installed but will not load

----------------------------------------> Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 16:17:01 +0100>
From: rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [LUG] Gutst
gibbon,installed but will not load>> Quoting trish cunningham :>>>>>
----------------------------------------> Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007>> 11:55:15 +0100>
From: rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>> Subject: Re: [LUG] Gutst
gibbon,installed but will not load>>>> Quoting trish00@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:>>>>>>> Posted
by "trish nikef">>>>>>>> Hi all>>>> just upgraded to gutsy,so very excited i was>>>>
but now>> my bubble has burst :O(>>>> when i turn my pc on ,it gets to the>> splash
screen and just sits>> there,then this comes up>>>> Busybox>> v1.1.3/debian
1.1.1.3-5ubuntu7>> built in shell (ash)>>>> so,i have>> to boot into grub and choose
an option there,to get into my pc>>>> ubuntu forums can not help,i may just install
ubuntu fiesty>>>> fawn,very unhappy with gutsy,also it does not even shut down>>>>
properly,any1 got any ideas>> thanks>> trish>> -->> When you open>> the Grub menu,
do what option do you select?>> Did you do an upgrade>> or fresh install?>> I wonder
if for some reason the Grub>> configuration has become corrupt?>> Rob>>>>>> --> The
Mailing List>> for the Devon & Cornwall LUG>>>
http://mailman.dclug.org.uk/listinfo/list> FAQ:>>
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_adm/list-faq.html>>>> Hi Rob>> and thank you for your
help>> i did an upgrade,with update manager>> when i am in grub,i can choose up2 6
different kernals,3 being recovery modes>>>> the 1 i can boot into is ubuntu
7.10,kernal .2.6.20-16-generic>>>> when i had ubuntu fiesty fawn 7.04 i di not have
this problem,do you>> have any idea as to whats happened>>>> thanks for reading>>>>
trish>>>> I'll check what kernel version I'm running when I get home. I wonder> if
Grub can't find the partition on your home drive (hence it running> Busybox).>> Are
you able to boot the machine at all?>> Rob>>>>>> --> The Mailing List for the Devon
& Cornwall LUG> http://mailman.dclug.org.uk/listinfo/list> FAQ:
http://www.dcglug.org.uk/linux_adm/list-faq.html

thanks,but not sure what you mean,but i will guess
when i boot up the pc,i let it run,it goes to the kubuntu splash screen and tries to
install,i wait and then get busybox,then i reboot again and @ grub i press escape
and choose that kernal i stated earlier, it then boots into kubuntu 7.10 happily
i really appreciate you helping me ,as i am a complete noob.
trish