Re: [LUG] Better ways than Flash

On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 14:01 +0100, Ralph Smithen wrote:
> I don't know if it'd suit your needs,
I am beginning to think it is better to play to the strenghts of FSW
rather than take on tasks perhaps too tailored to Windows programmes.
The main issue I had was not to be able to display Flash with gnash on
my laptop, for some reason. I can download the adobe plugin so as not to
cock up (lappy is 32 bit).
>  but I've heard some good things
> about Processing.  From the web page:
>
> "Processing is an open source programming language and environment for
> people who want to program images, animation, and interactions. It is
> used by students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists for
> learning, prototyping, and production. It is created to teach
> fundamentals of computer programming within a visual context and to
> serve as a software sketchbook and professional production tool.
This is more like it. Give them some real IT work.
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk