Re: [LUG] Better ways than Flash

I don't know if it'd suit your needs, but I've heard some good things
about Processing.  From the web page:

"Processing is an open source programming language and environment for
people who want to program images, animation, and interactions. It is
used by students, artists, designers, researchers, and hobbyists for
learning, prototyping, and production. It is created to teach
fundamentals of computer programming within a visual context and to
serve as a software sketchbook and professional production tool.
Processing is developed by artists and designers as an alternative to
proprietary software tools in the same domain."

http://www.processing.org/