Re: [LUG] Yahoo Mail

Simon wrote:

> According to Yahoo you have to upgrade to a subscription account to send
> e-mails to their server, yet Thunderbird and Outlook can do it with a freebie
> account.  Postfix does not work, (which may be a configuration problem on my
> side of things), I am going to try a Google account and see what happens.

Standard are standards. I couldn't get a free account to work with
Yahoo! and Icedove and the documented settings for SMTP Auth.

Historically folks claiming to do this were using YPOPs, which is an
interface that sits in the middle and converts stuff.

I'd be curious to see Viv's settings, if she got it to work, as I assume
it must be how the username is represented or some such.

I wondered perhaps it is different for BT Openworld users, as I think
their mail servers are on the same network as the Yahoo servers, but
they are on different addresses, so I assume different servers/configs.

 Simon