Re: [LUG] Yahoo Mail

Sent wirelessly with Palm T3

Julian Hall <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
__________
>Ray Smith wrote:
>> I believe you have to go into settings on the yahoo web mail client side as
>> well to tell it to allow sending/receiving mail from an external source.
>>
>> If not even if the name & passwords are correct it will still fail.
>>
>> Ray
>Yes and last time I looked it said POP wasn't available yet.  Maybe by
>now it is?
>
>Kind regards,
>
>Julian
>
>--

I do know on the paid for service you can use pop.
Don't know about the free one 'now' as they did change certain thibgs but I still
have an old account I set up years ago that I have no problems sending/receiving
from using pc based email clients.
Don't know about from a server though. I know if I try to send thru yahoo mail over
gprs it fails but I can collect ok. Over gprs I have to use the orange smtp server.
No problems with google mail as long as all the ports are set up ok though.

Ray